Wednesday, April 5, 2017

THE PEARL NECKLACE

I never gave enough thought,
Image result for pearl necklace in a wooden boxTo this beautiful yet simple thing,
Resting in my wardrobe since forever,
Shining bright white without bling!

Lying in a carved wooden box,
Waiting to adorn my neck with grace,
Tied together in a gentle thread,
Lay in elegance my pearl necklace.

It's visits outside my closet were rare,
For I never valued it as much as gold.
It never charmed me like silver did,
And pearl stories, unlike diamonds, are untold!

And one morning unfine, the box felt dull,
I opened it to hear hollowness that screamed,
Image result for pearl necklaceFrom inside the wood as the necklace was missing,
Empty! Dark! Coarse! And nothing beamed...

I now miss the necklace,
For I know not where it has gone.
I feel incomplete without my priceless possession,
But they keep on saying, "Life moves on!"

And they utter the same words,
When I shed a tear or two,
In your memory that lives with me,
Oh Grandma! I really miss you!


You were like that pearl necklace,
Image may contain: 1 person, sunglasses, selfie and close-upBeautiful, serene and always bright..
I wish I could turn back time for a while,
To hear your voice and to feel your light!

I wish I could still touch your skin,
Full of wrinkles, warm, soft and old,
Your aura like the string of pearls,
That's above all diamonds, silver or gold!

Never did I spend much time with you.
Lesser each day as older I grew!
My heart held love and care but I forgot,
That nothing is forever and you were growing too!

Now that you are gone, I pray you're safe,
In another world, life or space..
And I promise to keep you in my heart forever,
My white shining pretty pearl necklace!!!

5th April 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment